Obviously, communication is a mandatory for every trip; be it asking for directions, negotiating, or asking for information. Using English which is the world’s standard language is a great idea. However, it is undoubtedly better to use local languages. Today, we present 14 Thai phrases that are important for traveling in Thailand. Guarantee that you will find a situation where these phrases are necessary!
1. Basic Expression
● khráp = This word can be used for respondence and ended phrase or sentence for politeness (Male speaker)
- ● khà = This word can be used for respondence and ended phrase or sentence for politeness (Female speaker)
- ● sà-wàt-diː = Hello/Hi but can be used in any time.
- ● khòb-khun = Thank you.
- ● khɔ̌ː-thôt = This word can be used in two situation 1. when you have made a mistake you can say this for apologizing and 2. if you want to ask someone for help, this word will mean “Excuse me”
- ● châi = Yes
- ● mài châi = No
● lɛ̂ːk-ŋɤn-dâi-thî-nǎi = Where can I exchange the currency?
● pâːi-ród-me:- yùː-nǎi = Where is the bus stop?
● bpai thîi….. = I want to go…
3. Other phrases
● hâawng-nám yù: thî: nǎi = Where is the toilet?
● ra:-kha: thâo-rài = How much it is?
● chǎn phû:t pha:-să: thai mâi dâi = I cannot speak Thai.
● khun phû:t pha:-să: ang-grìt dâi mái: Can you speak English?